GENERAL DIP TRAVEL AGENCY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DIP TRAVEL AGENCY welcomes you, and thank you for your preference, informs you and invites you to bear in mind that:
- DIP TRAVEL AGENCY is an online travel agency, whose technological platform allows a large number of tourism service providers (the “Provider / s”) to offer and market their services to users, who in turn can seek inquiries. on flights, accommodation, cars, cruises, activities, and other tourist services (the “Tourist Service / s”), compare and book these services in real-time, and purchase them separately or in combination, assembling and managing your own trip, in accordance with your personal needs.
- DIP Travel Agency is not the provider of the Tourist Services and acts on behalf of and for the account of the Providers and is therefore not directly or indirectly obligated to carry out the Tourist Service. When you contract Tourist Services through DIP, you are entering into a contract directly with the provider that offers your Tourist Services through our Platform. DIP acts as an intermediary between You and the Tourism Service Providers and acts on behalf and on behalf of the Provider.
- By contracting Tourist Services through DIP, you agree to have read, understood, and agree to the terms and conditions shown below. Likewise, you guarantee that: you are of legal age; has full capacity to enter into contracts; only uses the DIP Platform to book or contract Tourist Services for you and/or for another person for whom you have the authority to act; In case of acquiring services with destination/stopover Cuba, you are not a citizen or a North American resident, nor are you subject to the jurisdiction of the United States; and all the information that you provide to DIP is true, exact, current and complete.
- These conditions are those of a general nature that apply to the intermediation services provided by DIP and in no way replace or modify the legally established limitations of liability or the special or specific conditions that each Tourist Provider has defined for its Tourist Services. Before hiring, review the specific conditions of each Tourist Service and each Provider. DIP is not responsible or has interference in the particular conditions established by each Provider for the provision of its Tourist Services.
- DIP states that its activity of intermediation in the commercialization of Tourist Services does not guarantee that the chosen destination does not present risks for the health and integrity of people. DIP is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for the damages or losses that in any way you or those who travel with you may suffer before, during or as a consequence of the chosen destination. DIP is not responsible for the events derived from fortuitous event or force majeure, including weather phenomena, events of nature, union conflicts, among others, that may occur before or during the provision of the Tourist Service, and that may eventually delay, interrupt or prevent its execution.
- Before confirming your purchase request by clicking on the Buy button and after accepting these General Conditions (the “Purchase Request”), we advise you to review the particular terms and conditions applicable to the Tourist Service you wish to contract. This way you will avoid surprises and you can enjoy your trip as planned. The policies of each Tourist Service are established by each Provider without DIP interference. It is especially clarified that DIP does not have any interference in the collection of penalties by the Suppliers or rate differences, if applicable, which will depend on the policies of each Supplier.
- The sole use of the Platform implies the acceptance of each and every one of the general and particular conditions included in these terms and conditions. Your reading will allow you to better exercise your rights as a consumer. We suggest you print and keep them, along with the rest of the travel documentation. Remember to take note of the Purchase Request number that will appear on the screen when confirming your request. This number identifies your transaction and will be essential to carry out any management through DIP.
IF YOU HIRE TOURIST SERVICES THROUGH DIP TRAVEL AGENCY, KEEP THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN MIND:
- HOW DOES THE RESERVATION AND PURCHASE PROCESS WORK? When you send a Purchase Request through the Platform, you authorize us to manage your reservation and to process the respective charge / s to your account or card. Pay close attention to our subsequent communications, where we will inform you about the progress and status of your Purchase Request. The good completion of the management of the reservation and/or the confirmation of the purchase depends on the full and timely payment of the price and/or rate of all the Tourist Services. Until the total payment of the reservation is confirmed, the Purchase Request will be suspended and could be canceled by the Supplier. The final confirmation of the Tourist Services and prices will be produced with the issuance of the electronic ticket (s) or the sending of the voucher – whichever applies – and it’s invoicing. In credit operations, the own requirements established by your issuing bank must be satisfied. The issuance of the electronic ticket or the voucher – whichever applies – attests to the acceptance of the conditions of the Supplier and the conclusion of the contract signed between the Supplier and the person / s whose name / s appears on said electronic ticket and/or voucher. If the Purchase Request is subject to confirmation -a circumstance that will be informed in the first email you receive- the values paid before a confirmation will be received under reservation. If finally your Purchase Request is rejected for any reason (for example, due to insufficient credit card balance, lack of availability, variation in the rate, etc.), DIP will proceed to inform you of the options available in the event that you wish to insist on the purchase or reservation or, at your request, will refund the amounts paid. If after entering your Purchase Request you do not receive an email with the purchase information, check the Spam folder and / or enter My Account / My Booking or My Trips on the Platform with the Purchase Request number, from there you can take steps and/or answer your questions.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO YOU HAVE TO ENTER? You must complete all the fields with exact data to be able to make valid reservations of Tourist Services through DIP. By entering your personal data on the Platform, you declare that such data (the “Personal Data”) is accurate, precise, and true, and you undertake to update such Personal Data as necessary. DIP is not responsible for the accuracy of the Personal Data provided by you. You guarantee and respond for the veracity, accuracy, validity, and authenticity of the Personal Data entered. Remember that all your data must exactly match the Travel Documentation as defined in point VI.
- WHAT CONTACT DATA ARE NEEDED ?: You must enter an email address in the “Contact Data” section. This email is our way of contacting you. Check that the email provided as a contact point is correct and stay tuned to the information that will be sent to that email. You will be deemed to have received timely confirmation of the confirmation of your Purchase Request or of any inconvenience or variation thereto by sending such information to the email provided by you. Keep in mind that if the email entered by you contains any error, you will not receive fundamental communications for the management of your Purchase Request. Anyway, you
- WHAT BILLING DATA ARE NEEDED ?: You must enter your exact tax data in the section “Billing Data” in order to issue the corresponding tax receipt. You declare that said data is exact, precise, and true. DIP will not be responsible for the issuance of documents with incorrect information provided by you. You guarantee and respond for the veracity, accuracy, validity, and authenticity of the entered fiscal data. Updating the Personal Data mentioned in point II will not affect the tax billing data provided by You. In the case of registering inconsistencies between the billing information provided by you and those reflected in the sales receipt, the client may request through My DIP the correction of the invoice within 30 days from the date of issuance of the voucher. You may receive an invoice issued by any of the entities detailed in the heading of this and defined as DIP or DIP.COM.
- WHAT INFORMATION CAN I FIND ON THE DIP.COM PLATFORM ?: The information published on the DIP Platform regarding prices, qualities, and characteristics of Tourist Services, their availability, conditions of sale, restrictions, cancellation, or refund policies (between others) is established and provided by the Tourism Service Providers online and in real-time. As an intermediary, DIP informs you about the characteristics of the Tourist Services, manages your Purchase Requests with Suppliers, collects, if applicable, the values corresponding to the rates and support you in the search for solutions in case of presenting concern or inconvenience. DIP makes its best efforts to provide correct and accurate information, but it is not responsible for errors (such as manifest and typographical errors), interruptions (due to temporary and/or partial server outages or repairs), inaccuracies, misleading or false information emanating from the Tourism Service Providers. DIP is not and should not be interpreted as a promoter of the quality, the level of service, and/or the qualification or classification of any Tourist Service available on the Platform. We advise you to read the comments of other passengers that appear on the Platform to get advice on the chosen Tourist Service (s) and to assess whether it meets your needs and expectations. misleading or false information emanating from the Tourism Service Providers. DIP is not and should not be interpreted as a promoter of the quality, the level of service, and/or the qualification or classification of any Tourist Service available on the Platform. We advise you to read the comments of other passengers that appear on the Platform to get advice on the chosen Tourist Service (s) and to assess whether it meets your needs and expectations. misleading or false information emanating from the Tourism Service Providers. DIP is not and should not be interpreted as a promoter of the quality, level of service, and/or rating or classification of any Tourist Service available on the Platform. We advise you to read the comments of other passengers that appear on the Platform to get advice on the Tourist Service (s) chosen and to assess whether it meets your needs and expectations.
- WHAT DOCUMENTATION WILL I NEED TO TRAVEL ?: You have the duty to responsibly inform yourself about the legal and/or immigration documentation and/or sanitary requirements that you or the people traveling with you may need to carry out your trip as planned ( the “Travel Documentation”). Check-in advance the conditions of entry to the country of destination and/or transit, special conditions of visas and/or passports, driver’s licenses, vaccines, permission for minors, or other requirements of documents, both for destination countries and countries. in transit, even when it is not necessary to leave the airport. If you require it and do not have it, do the necessary procedures to obtain it in advance. The requirements may vary according to the country of destination and/or transit and according to your country of nationality and/or residence and/or the documentation with which you travel. Remember that it is your responsibility to comply with all the requirements and/or documentation of entry and/or transit required by the immigration, customs, and/or health authorities of the countries of destination / s and/or transit. We recommend that before booking and leaving, check all the necessary requirements with the corresponding Embassy or Consulate. For more information visit: Consult all the necessary requirements with the corresponding Embassy or Consulate. For more information visit: Consult all the necessary requirements with the corresponding Embassy or Consulate. For more information visit: http://travelcentre.iata.org/. Check-in advances the expiration date of the documentation and notes that, in some countries, the expiration date is required to be no earlier than six months upon arrival in foreign territory. In the case of traveling with minors under 18 years of age, in addition to the authorized travel document (National Identification Document or Passport), they need authorization according to different considerations: If the minor travels with both parents, it will suffice that they prove the link through the Civil Registry of Birth, Birth Certificate or Birth Certificate (regardless of the date of issuance) or Identification Document of the minor, where the filial information of the parents is recorded, If it is done only with one of their parents, in addition to demonstrating the parental relationship with any of the documents cited, You must accompany the authorization of the absent parent and if you are a child of minors, you will need the authorization of the parents and the permission of one of your grandparents. Notwithstanding this, review the necessary Travel Documentation according to the type of transport, the Supplier, and the origin and/or destination of the transport, since the requirements may vary according to your travel by sea, land or air and according to each Supplier. In the event that the minor is not traveling accompanied by a responsible person, please review the policies of the unaccompanied minor of each Provider. For more information visit and the origin and/or destination of the transport since the requirements could vary according to your travel by sea, land, or air and according to each Provider. In the event that the minor is not traveling accompanied by a responsible person, please review the policies of the unaccompanied minor of each Provider. For more information visit and the origin and/or destination of the transport since the requirements could vary according to your travel by sea, land, or air and according to each Provider. In the event that the child/ren does not travel accompanied by a responsible person, please review the unaccompanied minor policies of each Provider. For more information visit http://www.migracioncolombia.gov.co/.
- WHAT WILL I HAVE TO PAY? HOW DO THE PAYMENT METHODS WORK ?: When you book one or more Tourist Services through DIP, you must pay the price or fee set by the Provider, the taxes, fees and/or tax perceptions applicable to the Tourist Service and, in if applicable, the management fee for the DIP brokerage service (the “Management Fee”). Remember that DIP acts on behalf and on behalf of the Service Provider and that the values corresponding to the price or rate of the Tourist Services are transferred (endorsed) to the Provider. DIP.COM offers different modalities to be able to make and pay your reservations for Tourist Services depending on the Service to be purchased, the Provider / s, and the means used for payment.
- WHAT IF I PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD? Keep in mind that when you inform DIP of your account or credit card details (using the form available on the Platform) and then accept or confirm the operation, you are authorizing us to make the charges for the Tourist Service fee, taxes, rates and/or tax perceptions that may correspond and our Management Charges – if applicable. If you make a reservation in option installments and / or by credit card, keep in mind that:
- The DIP Management Fee (if applicable) could be applied in full in the first installment, even though you have chosen the installment payment option for the rest of the price or fee.
- The interest and/or taxes that the installment payments could generate are added to the price or rate proposed for the service and said the total is divided by the number of installments selected for payment.
- If you have agreed with your credit card issuer life insurance for debit balance or other charges that affect the total financial cost, remember to check with your issuing entity the validity, conditions, and costs of such insurance or charges, which are naturally non-DIP and depend and/or vary as agreed by you with each issuer or card operator. We recommend that you inform yourself of the conditions of use and interest of your credit card before using the installment payment method.
- If you make a cancellation after the purchase, whenever the particular conditions of the Tourist Service allow it, DIP will not refund or be responsible for the interests that the original transaction has generated, while DIP does not receive such interests.
- The price to pay could be charged in national currency or in dollars, depending on whether it is local or foreign benefits. In the event of being charged in dollars, the charge will be made against the international quota of your card. In any case, whatever the collection currency, the rate or price will be that which was informed to you and which was accepted by you. Remember that in front of international operations, some banks and credit card operating companies impose certain charges, in addition to taxes, that could correspond according to the pertinent foreign law. Additionally, your bank may convert prices into local currency and charge a conversion fee. It could happen that the exchange rate used by the bank is different from that presented on the Platform, therefore, you could experience a variation between the amount charged by the bank and the amount reported on the Platform. The bank determines the exchange rate and the international transaction fee. In case of doubts about the exchange rate and rate applied to your reservation, contact your bank;
- Every transaction is subject to anti-fraud verification processes. One of them is to pay a fee equivalent to 1 USD in the dollar quota of your card under an operating host located in England (UK), in order to verify the identity and international validity of the card. The process of charge and reversal can be visualized in the client’s statement and does not generate charges, nor additional costs for you since confirmed identity and validity, the charge is reversed (canceled).
- For certain destinations, the Tourist Service Provider may charge you directly for the contracted Tourist Service. In these cases, DIP will indicate it at the time of purchase and you will receive an invoice issued by said Provider. Please note that in these cases, the charge will be made by your credit card in United States Dollars for the amount in that currency indicated in detail of your payment.
- HOW DOES PAYMENT OPERATE THROUGH PSE? Payments and transactions of each financial entity linked to the PSE system are not made on the DIP website or technological platform. To make each payment, the User connects to the website of the selected financial institution, which is the one who provides the technical security measures, accepts, authorizes, and validates each payment. DIP in no case and under no circumstances knows or stores the data, account number or passwords related to any means of payment linked to the PSE system, nor the data of debit or credit cards or any other means of payment related to said system. DIP does not assume any type of responsibility that may be generated by the improper use or loss of control of the data or keys related to any means of payment linked to the PSE system.
- WILL I HAVE THE RIGHT TO RETRACT ?: DIP informs you that in accordance with the provisions of Article 47 of Law 1480 of 2011, (Colombian Consumer Statute), in Colombia the right of Withdrawal operates in all contracts for the sale of goods and provision of services through financing systems, timeshare sales or sales that use non-traditional or distance methods, which by their nature must not be consumed or have not started to run before five (5) days. To exercise this right and receive the amount paid, without discounts or withholdings, you must, within five (5) days following the purchase operation, notify DIP of your decision in this regard, in writing or by electronic or similar means. DIP will take steps to present and follow up your request to the tourist service provider, and – if it has been paid – it will be the tourist service provider, who will directly proceed with the return of your money, by means of credit, a reversal of charge to your credit card or refund of the amount paid, according to the most convenient means of return. If the payment had been made by bank transfer, DIP will again request your data in order to manage the refund by that means. However, the foregoing, remember that for air services acquired through DIP, the right of air retraction will be preferentially regulated, especially regulated by Colombian Civil Aeronautics, and which will be detailed in point XI below. And -in case of having been paid- it will be the Tourist Services Provider, who must directly proceed with the return of their money, by means of credit, a reversal of the charge to their credit card or the return of the amount paid, according to the most convenient means of return. If the payment had been made by bank transfer, DIP will again request your data in order to manage the refund by that means. However, the foregoing, remember that for air services that you acquire through DIP, the right of air retraction will be preferentially regulated, especially regulated by Colombian Civil Aeronautics, and which will be detailed in point XI below. And -in case of having been paid- it will be the Tourist Services Provider, who will directly proceed with the return of their money, by means of credit, a reversal of the charge to their credit card or the return of the amount paid, according to the most convenient means of return. If the payment had been made by bank transfer, DIP will again request your data in order to manage the refund by that means. However, the foregoing, remember that for air services that you acquire through DIP, the right of air retraction will be preferentially regulated, especially regulated by Colombian Civil Aeronautics, and that will be detailed in point XI below. by means of credit, a reversal of the charge to your credit card or the return of the amount paid, according to the most convenient means of return. If the payment had been made by bank transfer, DIP will again require your data to be able to manage the refund by that means. However, the foregoing, remember that for air services that you acquire through DIP, the right of air retraction will be preferentially regulated, especially regulated by Colombian Civil Aeronautics, and that will be detailed in point XI below. by means of credit, a reversal of charge to your credit card or the return of the amount paid, according to the most convenient means of return. If the payment had been made by bank transfer, DIP will again require your data to be able to manage the refund by that means. However, the foregoing, remember that for air services that you acquire through DIP, the right of air retraction will be preferentially regulated, especially regulated by Colombian Civil Aeronautics, and that will be detailed in point XI below. DIP will again require your data to be able to manage the refund by that means. However, the foregoing, remember that for air services that you acquire through DIP, the right of air retraction will be preferentially regulated, especially regulated by Colombian Civil Aeronautics, and that will be detailed in point XI below. DIP will again require your data to be able to manage the refund by that means. However, the foregoing, remember that for air services that you acquire through DIP, the right of air retraction will be preferentially regulated, especially regulated by Colombian Civil Aeronautics, and that will be detailed in point XI below.
- HOW DOES THE AIR RETRACT OPERATE? For AIR TICKET reservations made through non-contact methods, the right of air retraction provided for in Resolution 1375 of June 2015, issued by the Colombian Civil Aeronautics (hereinafter, the “Right of Retraction”), applies especially. In order for the Right of Withdrawal to proceed, You must exercise this option through the Website, in the link “My Reservation” within forty-eight (48) hours after the purchase, and with a previous time equal to or greater than eight (8) calendar days to the date foreseen for the departure in national operations, and equal to or greater than fifteen (15) calendar days, for the departure in the case of international operations. In this case, the airline must reimburse the value of the fare paid by you, being able to withhold up to COP $ 60,000 for domestic flights and USD 50 for international flights, specifying that the amount withheld may not exceed 10% of the value of the fare. The amount to be returned does not include fees, taxes, and the intermediary service charge received by DIP. If you exercise your Right of Withdrawal through DIP, it will reimburse the corresponding money as provided by the airline, once it makes the corresponding amount available to DIP, within a maximum period of thirty (30) days.
- ONCE A PURCHASE REQUEST IS CONFIRMED, CAN I CHANGE OR CANCEL IT? IF I DO, DO I HAVE ASSOCIATED COSTS ?: If you request a change or cancellation outside the deadlines and procedures explained in the previous point, and the specific regulation of the rate selected by you so allows, DIP will carry out the procedures of presentation and monitoring of your request, but the final decision will be the Tourist Service Provider. The way of proceeding and the special conditions that govern in case of changes or cancellations in a reservation confirmed by you are determined by the Suppliers of the Tourist Services, who may establish applicable fines or penalties for the requested changes. These conditions are available for consultation on our Platform. Review them before booking and remember that there are Tourist Services that, at the Providers’ disposal, do not admit changes and / or refunds, or allow them with restrictions and / or penalties, – even in cases of illness, strike, weather phenomena, etc. .-. Remember that each Provider defines its penalties without DIP intervention or interference
- DIP procedures are carried out online and in real-time. When you request a change, you are canceling a confirmed reservation and requesting a new one that will be governed by the particular conditions applicable at the time you make the change, for which, in addition to the applicable penalties, there may be a difference in rate consisting of the value resulting from the difference between the originally paid rate and the new rate according to rate availability at the time of making the change (the “Rate Difference”). Remember that tourist rates are dynamic and depend on variables such as anticipation of purchase, travel dates, seasonal promotions, and, in the case of flights, also on rate restrictions (the more restrictions, the lower the price).
- In the case of returns approved by the Provider, these may be made by means of a credit or a reversal of charge to the same card with which the reservation was made, with the prior authorization of the credit cardholder. If the payment was made in cash and/or bank transfer, DIP will require your bank details to make a refund by bank transfer. The terms of reimbursement and / or reversal of charges will depend on each Provider (in the case of airlines, they are usually estimated at between 30 and 120 days).
- It should be clarified that the Suppliers are not obliged to exempt the passenger from the conditions of the contract, even in proven cases of illness or physical disability that prevents them from traveling; in other words, if the fee paid provides for the penalty to make modifications/returns or does not allow changes and/or refund, the Supplier may collect these charges or deny the refund of the cost of the reservation.
- The Management Fee charged by DIP is non-refundable. In case of cancellation of confirmed reservations for any reason, said Management Fee will not be reimbursed since it corresponds to a service effectively provided by DIP Also, in the event that You request the change or cancellation of a Tourist Service, DIP may charge a Charge of Additional management.
- ONCE MY TRANSACTION IS PROCESSED, WILL I BE ABLE TO REVERSE THE CHARGES MADE TO MY CARD? HOW DOES CHARGE REVERSION OPERATE? Decree 587 of 2016 of the Colombian Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism grants you the power to request the reversal of your payment, only if your case falls within one of the following assumptions: (Keep in mind that, if your reservation corresponds to a ticket by air, may not avail itself of the figure described here, by express provision of the aforementioned legislation):
- You were subject to fraud.
- Your charge corresponds to an unsolicited operation.
- The purchased product was not received.
- The product delivered does not correspond to what was requested, does not comply with the inherent characteristics or those attributed by the information provided about it.
- The delivered product is defective.
Thus, if you consider in a well-founded manner that you are in any of the above causes, you must complete the request for a reversal of payment. Immediately completed, DIP.COM will grant you a processing number and proof of having made the reversal request through this website. DIP, within five (5) business days following the completion of the form, will send this reversal request directly to its issuer of the payment instrument (Bank), so that it, processes and guarantees the return of the amounts objected to your Card of credit. You can directly validate the status of your reversal request with your bank, presenting the process number and / or proof of completing the reversal request form to your bank. Remember that in accordance with the provisions of Article 184.108.40.206.4., Of decree 587 of 2016, you have five (5) business days following the date on which you received notice of the operation you wish to reverse to start the process before DIP, or before the issuer of your payment instrument (Bank). Once the request for reversal has been presented to the issuer of the electronic payment instrument used, the participants of the payment process will have a term of fifteen (15) business days to make it effective. DIP warns you that by virtue of the provisions of Article 220.127.116.11.10, of Decree 587 of 2016 if as a consequence of your request for reversal, You receive amounts that exceed what was originally paid, You will be responsible for the return of themselves. We also warn you that under the terms of article 51 of Law 1480 of 2011 and article 18.104.22.168.12. of Decree 587 of 2016, if it is shown that you were not in any of the reversal grounds established in the form, DIP and / or the issuer of your payment instrument may definitively charge the transaction claimed to your card or means of payment. payment. Finally, we highlight that the BAD FE of the consumer in the reversal process will be sanctioned by the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce, in the terms of Decree 587 Article 22.214.171.124.13, up to fifty (50) legal monthly minimum wages in force (smmlv) . DIP and / or the issuer of your payment instrument may definitively charge the claimed transaction to your card or payment method. Finally, we highlight that the BAD FE of the consumer in the reversal process will be sanctioned by the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce, in the terms of Decree 587 Article 126.96.36.199.13, up to fifty (50) legal monthly minimum wages in force (smmlv) . DIP and / or the issuer of your payment instrument may definitely charge the transaction claimed to your card or means of payment. Finally, we highlight that the BAD FE of the consumer in the reversal process will be sanctioned by the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce, in the terms of Decree 587 Article 188.8.131.52.13, up to fifty (50) legal monthly minimum wages in force (smmlv) .
- WHAT IF I DO NOT APPEAR TO USE A RESERVE? If you do not show up to use your reservation on the date and times indicated (or arrive late), what is known as the No Show in the tourist market is configured and you will not have the right to demand a full or partial refund of the amount paid. If you are not going to use your reservation in whole or in part or if you are going to be late to use your reservation, we recommend that you notify DIP in advance in order to know the applicable restrictions.
- SPECIAL CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO TOURIST PRODUCTS WITH DESTINATION CUBA: According to the regulations in force in the United States, travel to Cuba for tourist activities is forbidden for citizens, residents or people subject to North American jurisdiction. This rule has some exceptions (such as family visits; official work for the United States government, foreign governments, and some non-governmental organizations; journalistic activity; investigation and professional meetings; etc.). DIP currently does not have the resources to verify these exceptions during the online purchase process, so we are not currently in a position to offer this destination to citizens covered by the aforementioned exceptions. More information in https://cu.usembassy.gov/es/u-s-citizen-services-es/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens-es/viajes-a-cuba/
- WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE IN CASE OF INQUIRIES OR CLAIMS ?: In the event that you need to make a claim and/or inquiry, request modifications and/or cancellations -whenever your rate allows it-, request the re-shipment of vouchers or tickets, and/or download your invoice, you can access the link “My Account” 24 hours if you are registered on the Platform (or through “My Booking” or “My Trips”) with your Purchase Request number, where you can carry out any management. Remember that DIP is an online travel agency and, as such, your main means of contact is your Online Platform. Regardless of this, for any emergency, it always has telephone lines that appear in the emails and / or vouchers sent with each Tourist Service.
- In the case of wanting to make a claim, suggestion or consultation, it is recommended to make a detailed description of the facts, immediately attaching a copy of the supporting background, explaining what happened and formulating in clear and simple terms the solution you want. In this way we can review your case more quickly and efficiently. DIPanalizar the claim, and will respond to the same email reported by you as soon as possible. If from the review of the background it turns out to be appropriate to accept the claim in whole or in part, DIPse will notify you and will send you the corresponding agreement by email. The foregoing, notwithstanding that DIP could offer you an alternative solution, different from the requests made by you.
- If you agree with the DIP proposal, you must sign the corresponding agreement, and send it to DIP at the address that will be indicated. Once DIP has received the document, a customer service agent will contact you to inform you of the payment date and other conditions of compliance with the agreement.
- Changes or cancellations of reservations made through us, although they are governed by the Tourism Service Providers, must be managed through DIP. In any of the above cases, the airline and / or the provider will refer you to our company.
Keep in mind that each Provider has its own regulations for the provision of its Tourist Services. When reviewing the regulations, without prejudice to the other topics of your interest, pay attention to the following points:
CHAPTER 1 – FLIGHTS
Air transport is regulated by the Aeronautical Regulations and, in turn, each airline (the “Air Company”) establishes its own rate regulations for the commercialization of air tickets (the “Air Ticket / s”) .
- FLIGHT RESERVATIONS, RATES: DIP is an agency accredited by IATA, and is authorized to commercialize Air Tickets on behalf of the IATA member Air Companies and in compliance with their rate manuals, transportation conditions, and written instructions. When you enter a Purchase Request on the Platform and it is confirmed by issuing an e-ticket, a record (Electronic Ticket Record or ETR) is generated automatically in the Airline system with the data entered by you on the Platform. Each Airfare is regulated by a series of conditions and restrictions determined by each Airline for each particular fare. According to the amount of the fee, certain limitations are imposed on the use of the Air Ticket, for example non-refundable, non-transferable, restrictions on route changes, the imposition of minimum and maximum stays, restrictions on the refund of the amount paid, etc. The cheapest rates have the most restrictions. Keep in mind that DIP is not authorized to vary or modify in any case the regulations of Air Tickets.
- FLIGHT INFORMATION: All the information displayed on the Platform regarding the Air Tickets offered (itineraries, rates, etc.) is provided and updated online and in real-time directly by each Airline through a global reservation system (Global Distribution System or GDS). The Airline Companies, through the GDSs, are exclusively responsible for updating the rates, availability, and other data that appear on the Platform. For this reason, in the period between the entry of the Purchase Request and the confirmation of payment or issuance of the Airfare, the rates established by the Airline may vary according to availability. The final prices will be fixed from the moment of the final confirmation of the reservation that occurs with the issuance of the electronic ticket / s and its invoicing. DIP does not set airfares nor has control over their availability.
- PAYMENT METHODS: If you pay by credit card, both the rate and the taxes and fees are charged directly with the airline’s own commercial code without these values entering DIP. If you pay by deposit or bank transfer, DIP endorses to the Airline the amounts corresponding to the rates. In all cases, DIP only receives the value corresponding to the Management Fee.
- REPROGRAMS, DELAYS AND / OR CANCELLATIONS OF FLIGHTS: For reasons beyond DIP, the Airlines may modify certain conditions of the flights such as schedules, dates or itineraries; They could delay and / or reschedule and / or cancel them. The carrier is authorized to make modifications to the scheduled flights, as long as it communicates them to this aero-commercial authority in accordance with the applicable regulations and DIP has no interference or intervention in relation to the modifications that the flights could undergo. If any of these variations occur before 24 hours. of flight departure, by instructions of the final supplier, DIP will inform you of the available alternatives and will only proceed to confirm the modifications with your express confirmation or prior acceptance. Any claim, demand, or complaint about the provision of the chosen service should be addressed to the Airline. Remember that it is the airlines that provide the transport service. Within 24 hrs. After the departure of your DIP flight, you cannot take steps on Air Tickets.
- PRESENTATION AT THE AIRPORT: You must be present at the dispatch offices of the Airline Company at the departure airport on the scheduled day and at the time indicated in the Travel Documentation. For domestic flights, we recommend showing up at the airport 2 hours in advance, and for international flights, the anticipation must be at least 3 hours. Keep in mind that the times reflected in your Airfare are expressed in local time in the country of call and / or destination. If you do not show up to board or arrive late to the board (No Show), the Airline may cancel any reservation for the continuation of the trip or the return and you will not have the right to demand the total or partial refund of the amount paid.
- APPLICATION FOR CANCELLATION OR CHANGES OF DATE OR ITINERARY: We emphasize that usually, the Airline Companies determine that the cheapest fares are those that do not allow changes, cancellations, or returns, and even if they did, such changes or cancellations are subject to penalties. In the event that -in accordance with the regulations established by the Airline- the rate selected by you does allow cancellations, DIP will take steps to present and follow up on your cancellation request to the Airline, and it will be the latter who must proceed to the return, by means of a credit or a reversal of charge to your credit card. If the payment had been made by bank transfer, DIP will again request your data in order to manage the refund by that means. If what you request is a change of date or itinerary and the purchased Airfare rate allows changes, the Airline may establish a penalty to be paid and, in addition, when setting a new date or choosing a new itinerary, you must pay the Rate difference applicable at the time of change. Changes must be made in the same classes issued or in higher classes. We clarify that it is not possible to make changes for cheaper rates published after the issuance of the purchased Airfare. The payment of the penalty and the Rate Difference can only be made by credit card in 1 payment. In addition, both in the case of changes and cancellations, DIP may charge an additional Management Fee.
- CHANGES IN THE NAME / SO CHANGE OF PASSENGER: The Air Ticket issued in the name of the passenger is nominal, personal, and non-transferable. Pay close attention when entering your name / s and surname (s) in the place (s) indicated for this and as a whole according to your Travel Documentation. You have a box available for the first and last name and you have the possibility to review this information before confirming the Purchase Request. Your Air Ticket / s will be issued automatically with the information entered by you on the Platform without any manual intervention by DIP. Once the Air Ticket (s) has been issued and the electronic ticket registration has been generated, the Airline Companies do not admit – or in certain cases, they admit them with costs – changes of names or surnames in an Air Ticket, not even in cases of typing errors in the names of the passengers and/or inverted names and surnames. If your Airfare contains an error, the Airline may not allow you to board. DIP is not responsible for errors and / or inconsistencies in the Personal Data entered by you on the Platform.
- INVOLUNTARY ERRORS IN THE PERSONAL DATA OF THE TRAVELERS. In the application of the provisions of Resolution 2466 of 2015, issued by the Colombian Civil Aeronautics, DIP informs you that in case of making an error in the information corresponding to your personal data, the latter being understood exclusively as name ( s) and/or surname (s) contained in the air ticket issued, you can communicate it to the airline directly to DIP TRAVEL, whose will take steps to submit and follow up your request to the airline issuing your ticket, so that the latter proceeds with its immediate correction. In accordance with the provisions of article 184.108.40.206 of the aforementioned Resolution 2466 of 2015, the correction made may generate a fixed additional payment, the amount of which cannot be higher than the current one for the administrative fee applicable to the ticket, at the time of correction. It is essential to specify that the same regulations expressly state that in no case the correction of data may lead to a change of passenger. Remember that, in any event, including this one, the final decision will be the Air Service Provider. We reiterate that the way of proceeding and the special conditions that apply in the event of changes or cancellations in a reservation confirmed by you are determined by the airlines, who may establish fines or penalties unilaterally, specifying, in any case, they must comply with Colombian regulations in force. It is essential to specify that the same regulations expressly state that in no case the correction of data may lead to a change of passenger. Remember that, in any event, including this one, the final decision will be the Air Service Provider. We reiterate that the way of proceeding and the special conditions that apply in the event of changes or cancellations in a reservation confirmed by you are determined by the airlines, who may establish fines or penalties unilaterally, specifying, in any case, they must comply with Colombian regulations in force. It is essential to specify that the same regulations expressly state that in no case the correction of data may lead to a change of passenger. Remember that, in any event, including this one, the final decision will be the Air Service Provider. We reiterate that the way of proceeding and the special conditions that apply in the event of changes or cancellations in a reservation confirmed by you are determined by the airlines, who may establish fines or penalties unilaterally, specifying, in any case, they must comply with Colombian regulations in force.
- UNACCOMPANIED MINORS: An unaccompanied minor is considered to be one who travels without at least one of his or her parents or legal guardians. Airline companies can offer assistance and accompaniment services (with cost) that, depending on the case, maybe mandatory or optional for those minors who travel unaccompanied. However, DIP does not offer this type of service and will not be able to ensure the effective shipment of the minor in the event that the requirement is mandatory. Minors between 2 and 5 years old, must necessarily travel accompanied by their parents or guardians in charge. Normally the “unaccompanied minor” service is compulsory for children between 5 and 11 years old and optional for children between 12 and 17 years old. The service is not available for children who require medical certification to travel and / or who cannot eat and / or who are unable to meet their basic hygiene needs and is not available for itineraries with stopovers or plane changes. Consult the specific policy of the Airline you want to travel.
- LUGGAGE: All airlines have different baggage allowance policies. The usual for domestic flights is 15 kg and for international flights 20/30 kg depending on the company and the class in which you travel. Inform yourself before traveling. DIP is not responsible for the theft and / or theft and / or loss of luggage and other personal effects of passengers. In case of loss or deterioration of luggage, you must go to the customer service offices of the Airline Company and make the corresponding claim. We advise you to take out travel insurance to cover part of these risks.
- HEALTH AND FITNESS FOR TRAVELING – PREGNANT: If you have any particular health condition, the airline will require a medical certificate that allows you to make the trip. It must have an emission fee of no more than 12 hours after departure. Keep in mind that people who cannot fend for themselves and / or are not able to follow instructions will not be able to travel alone – or with an escort service.
- VALIDITY OF AIR TICKETS: In accordance with the Aeronautical Regulations, Air Tickets are valid for one year from the date of issue. Any exception to the validity period must be requested and authorized by the Airline. DIP cannot extend the validity of an Air Ticket under any circumstances
- PASSAGES “SOLO IDA”: By immigration provisions of each country, if you are a non-resident of the destination country and contract a one-way Air Ticket through us, you may be required by the immigration authorities to justify the reasons why does not have a return Air Ticket. We suggest consulting the corresponding Consulate or Embassy before making the reservation. Airlines may also require this documentation before boarding.
- STOPOVER: Generally, the economic rates do not allow Stop Over; It is recommended to check what rates allow it.
- LOW-COST FLIGHTS OR AIRLINES: Keep in mind that when you book a flight from an airline identified as “low cost”, the published fare does not allow changes or cancellations, does not include seat reservations, or checked baggage (only carry-on baggage), nor complimentary services such as snacks and/or meals and/or entertainment on board. All these services are considered additional and are offered under different conditions according to each Airline and at a differential cost. Keep in mind that low-cost companies usually operate in small, regional, and/or secondary airports. Before confirming your Purchase Request,
- REGULATION AND RESPONSIBILITY IN AIR TRANSPORT: The responsibility of Air Companies for the transport of people and their luggage is regulated by the Aeronautical Regulations. If you wish to make a claim regarding the air transport contract concluded between you and an Airline Company, you can file it with the Colombian Civil Aeronautics, www.aerocivil.gov.co, the body in charge of regulating, monitoring, auditing and certifying aeronautical activity. commercial in Colombia.
CHAPTER 2 – HOTELS
Each hotel, lodging, and/or department (the “Accommodation”) has its own service and tariff regulations.
- ACCOMMODATION RESERVATION, RATES: Many accommodations offer, for the same room, a “refundable rate” or a “non-refundable rate” (cheaper). If you reserve a “non-refundable” rate, the Accommodation may charge 100% of the stay at the end of the purchase without the right to any refund, even in the event that the impediments to using the accommodation are due to force majeure reasons. If you have doubts about the possibility of using the accommodation, we recommend you book a “refundable rate”. The penalties that are eventually reported are charged by the Accommodation. DIP does not charge additional penalties or Management Fees for changes and / or cancellations.
- ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION: The specific information of the Accommodation such as name, location, categorization, check-in, and check-out times, and included services is sufficiently detailed on the Platform. We clarify that all the information displayed on the Platform is provided and updated online directly by each Accommodation. They are solely responsible for updating the rates, availability, and other information that appears on the Platform. Review the comments of other passengers to verify that the Accommodation meets your preferences and needs. DIP is not and should not be interpreted as a promoter of the quality, level of service, and/or rating or classification of any Accommodation.
- PAYMENT METHODS: DIPle offers different modalities to make and pay for your accommodation reservations. DIP, in each case, will indicate the payment options available according to the selected Accommodation.
- PAYMENT TO THE HOTEL: You have the possibility to pay your stay in full and directly to the accommodation. In this case, it will be the Accommodation who determines the time of collection and in the case of “non-refundable” services, they may charge the total amount of the stay at the time of finalizing their purchase. You must inform the Platform of your credit card details, which will be transmitted to the Accommodation to secure your reservation. The Accommodation may charge all or part of the rate to your credit card, in the local currency of the Accommodation or in US dollars in the case of Accommodation abroad.
- ADVANCE TO DIP + PAYMENT TO THE HOTEL: You can also pay an advance to DIP in which case you must pay the remaining balance by paying directly to the Accommodation under the conditions that it determines for collection.
- PREPAYMENT TO DIP: You agree that DIP will charge your credit card the total price of the reservation, which includes taxes, fees, tax receipts, and / or the Management Fee.
- CANCELLATION OR EXCESS OF ACCOMMODATION RESERVES: DIP offers the Accommodation on its Platform according to the availability reported by the Suppliers through a computer reservation system. In no case will DIP offer Accommodation that does not grant availability in the system. Notwithstanding this, keep in mind that overbooking is a common practice in the tourism market and, in some countries, this practice is regulated. Overbooking can also happen due to failures in the reservation systems or human failures. In the event that an Accommodation cannot respect your reservation in the contracted conditions, the Accommodation must provide you, at your cost, an alternative accommodation/room of equal or superior quality to that originally reserved by you. DIP, as an intermediary,
- PRESENTATION IN THE HOTEL: Remember that if you do not show up at the Accommodation on the corresponding date and time, the Accommodation may cancel your reservation and consider it as NO SHOW, in which case you will not have the right to demand a full or partial refund of the amount paid. If for any reason you are going to arrive outside the indicated hours, please contact the Accommodation and / or DIP in advance.
- CANCELLATION OR CHANGE REQUEST: The possibility of making changes and / or cancellations and, where appropriate, the penalties applicable to each circumstance are subject to the Accommodation policies that are reported on the Platform and in the Voucher. DIP does not fix or charge penalties for changes and / or cancellations. Any exception to these conditions must be authorized by the Accommodation.
- MINORS: If you travel with minors, you must include it in the reservation, even when they do not occupy a bed. Remember that there are Accommodations that do not accept minors.
- BAGGAGE – DEPOSIT OF VALUABLE GOODS: If you carry with you goods of higher value than those ordinarily carried by passengers, you must inform the Accommodation and keep them in the safe-deposit boxes available at the Accommodation. The responsibility of the Accommodation is limited to the declared value of the deposited effects. Please note that if its effects are excessively valuable in relation to the importance of the Accommodation, or they cause inconvenience to the Accommodation, the Accommodation may refuse to receive them.
- CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT SCHEDULES: Notwithstanding the specific check-in and check-out times reported for each Accommodation on the Platform, the expected number of days of accommodation is computed from the check-in time and ends at the check-out time of the following day, regardless of the arrival and / or departure time, and the full or fractional use thereof. Please note that the times reflected in the voucher are expressed in local time at the destination.
- HOTEL RESPONSIBILITY REGIME: We inform you that the activity of the Lodgings domiciled in the Republic of Colombia, is governed by a set of rules, among them, The Colombian Consumer Statute, Law 1480 of 2011, Law 300 of 1996 (General Law of Tourism), and its regulatory decrees, in addition to the special provisions established by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism and other regulatory and defense authorities of the Colombian consumer. If you wish to make a claim regarding the service provided by the Accommodation, you can do so directly with the previously exposed organisms, for this, you can enter: www.mincit.gov.co/ and / or www.sic.gov.co.
CHAPTER 3 – CRUISES
Each cruise company (the “Cruise Company”) has its own service regulations and rates for the provision of cruise travel (the “Cruise / s”):
- CRUISE RESERVATION: If you contract a Cruise, DIP will send you an email confirming the Purchase Request and will inform you of a confirmation number in the Cruise Company. Remember that the documents sent by DIP when confirming the Purchase Request are not valid to the board and you must compulsorily present a voucher that, according to the chosen cruise company, will be sent to you by DIP at least 48 hours in advance of the date of departure of the cruise or, which you can obtain yourself by checking-in through the link that DIP will send you or on the website of the Cruise Company. Check-in must be done in advance, which will be indicated in each case but must be at least 4 days prior to boarding. DIP, in addition, will send you an email with “Useful Information” from the Cruise Company. It is important that you read and understand this information to avoid any inconvenience before or during your cruise.
- INFORMATION AND RATES: The information on the rates and characteristics of the service is provided by the Cruise Companies through their computer systems. The rate includes accommodation on the ship in the chosen category, shipping, all meals, some soft drinks (depending on the ship), and most entertainment. Unless otherwise indicated in the Platform, it does not include drinks, cafeteria, any medical expenses, any service or product supplied by independent contractors, boutique purchases, laundry, photo development services, and photographs taken by the onboard photographer, hairdresser. , massages, spa services, telephone services, telegrams, fax and Internet, tips, shore excursions, and any other personal expenses.
- CRUISE REPROGRAMS, DELAYS AND / OR CANCELLATIONS (ITINERARY CHANGES) For reasons beyond DIP, the Cruise Company may modify certain conditions of the Cruises such as schedules, dates, itineraries; They could delay and / or reschedule and / or cancel them. DIP has no interference or intervention in relation to the modifications that the Cruises could undergo before or during the trip. The cruise commander, in her sole judgment, may modify the itinerary, change and / or delete stops for adverse technical, meteorological or mereological reasons when she deems it necessary or appropriate, for the safety of the passengers or the Cruise or that the minor may
- PRESENTATION IN THE PORT: You must be present at the transporter’s dispatch offices in the port of departure on the scheduled day and at the time indicated with the voucher and the Travel Documentation. It is advisable to appear at least 2 hours in advance. Please note that the times reflected in your voucher are expressed in local time in the country of call and / or destination. Remember that if you do not show up to board or arrive late to the board (No Show), you will not have the right to demand a full or partial refund of the amount paid.
- CANCELLATION OR CHANGE REQUEST: The possibility of making changes and / or cancellations and, where appropriate, the penalties applicable to each circumstance are subject to the policies of the Cruise Company that are reported on the Platform. DIP does not fix or charge penalties for changes and / or cancellations. Any exception to these conditions must be authorized by the Cruise.
- UNACCOMPANIED MINORS: Cruise companies do not allow boarding or lodging in a cabin for minors under 18 years of age without the company of their parents or legal guardian (in Caribbean cruises the prohibition applies until 21 years old), as well as babies less than 6 months at the time of shipment. This minimum age limit is raised to 12 months in the case of transatlantic cruises or with a duration of 15 days or more. We suggest that you carefully review the Cruise Ship’s policies on minors as the requirements may vary by company and itinerary. The Cruise Company may refuse to make refunds and / or any other type of compensation to those who are affected by the denial of boarding to a minor who does not meet the age requirements or to any of her companions.
- LUGGAGE: Cruise companies have different baggage allowance policies. Inform yourself before traveling. At all times, passengers’ luggage and belongings are transported, stored, and handled under the sole responsibility of the owner. Any object considered valuable such as jewelry, medications, electronic equipment, delicate items, as well as Travel Documents must be carried by passengers in their hand luggage, both for boarding and disembarking. DIP is not responsible for the theft and / or theft and / or loss of luggage and other personal effects of passengers. In case of loss or deterioration of luggage, you must go to the customer service offices of the Cruise you are traveling on and make the corresponding claim.
- TRAVEL HEALTH AND FITNESS – PREGNANT: You warrant that you are fit to travel and that your conduct or condition will not harm the safety or comfort of the Cruise Ship and / or other Passengers. If they deem it necessary, Cruise Companies may require any passenger to present a medical certificate of fitness to travel on the Cruise. Pregnant women are advised to consult a doctor before traveling at any stage of their pregnancy, however, check the conditions established by the Cruise Company for pregnant women since they generally do not accept to board passengers who, on the scheduled date of boarding, are more than 6 months pregnant. For those passengers with a mobile disability, visual or auditory, and/or that require special diets, these requests can be made by entering My Reserve or My Account. Keep in mind that verifiable medical documentation must be available to make such requests.
- GUARANTEED CABIN: Guaranteed cabins are a good way to travel savings. The guaranteed rate is given in double base cabins and they do not have a defined location. Although your reservation will be confirmed, you will only have confirmation of the apartment and cabin number at the time of boarding, and without the right to change. Carefully read the conditions established for this type of service.
- TIPPING: Each Cruise Company has its policy on tips but, in general, they are compulsory and, except for special promotions, they are not included in the rate paid. Some companies offer prepaid tips, others include them on the boarding pass and others collect them at the end of the Cruise. The amount of the trip will depend on various aspects such as the Cruise Company, the type of cabin, and the age of the passengers. It is important to note that the tip is per person (per day or night, as established by the Cruise Company) and not per room. Also, depending on the company, children over a certain age must also pay it. Learn about Cruise’s tip policy.
- REGULATION OF MARITIME TRANSPORT: The responsibility of the maritime transporter is regulated internationally, by the International Agreement relative to the transport of Passengers adopted in Athens on December 13, 1974, and its protocol of 1976, (the “Athens Convention”). The Athens Convention can be downloaded from the website www.imo.org. In Colombia, cruises are nationally governed by a set of rules, among them, the Civil Code, Commercial Code articles 1426 to 1765, Law 300 of 1996, general tourism law, and its regulatory decrees. Any claim, demand, or complaint about the provision of the Service must be directed to the Cruise Company. Remember that if you are in Colombia, you can file these claims with the Colombian Superintendence of Industry and Commerce,
CHAPTER 4 – CARS
Each car rental company (the “Rental Car / s”) has its own service regulations and rates applicable to vehicle rental (the Car / s).
- CAR RESERVATION, RATE: DIP guarantees that the price reported on the Platform for car rental includes the car rental for a certain period (day, week, month), unlimited mileage and all the requirements and minimum insurance required for withdrawing the Car and legally circulate at the chosen destination, without contracting insurance or additional elements. Unless otherwise indicated in the Platform, the rental rate does not include the payment of fines, infractions, towage, gasoline, leaving the car in another city, or any other additional service.
- CAR INFORMATION: When you reserve a Car on the Platform, you are making a reservation for a class of Cars, and not for vehicles of specific makes, years or models, or of special characteristics that are not common to all vehicles in the class. La Rentadora guarantees the size and capacity of the Car, however, the make and model of the vehicles are subject to availability and location.
- PAYMENT METHODS: DIP offers you three different modalities to make and pay for your car reservations. Thus, you have the possibility to (a) pay 100% of your reservation online, and through DIP; (b) pay only 30% of the total value, in which case you must pay the remaining balance at the destination when you pick up the Car; or (c) pay 100% of your reservation directly at the destination, without having to pay any amount at the time of reservation. In this case, you must inform DIP of your Personal Data, which will be transmitted to the Rental Company to secure your reservation. In the event that you decide to pay the total or part of your reservation through DIP, your reservation may be subject to confirmation – a circumstance that will be informed in the first email you receive
- CANCELLATION OR CHANGE REQUEST: According to what is established by each Rental Company, you acquire refundable and non-refundable reservations. In the event that the acquired reservation allows reimbursement, the reservation may be canceled at any time, provided that you notify DIP and / or the Rental Company of your will in that regard at least 24 hours before the Car is withdrawn. After this period, no refunds can be made. In case of proceeding, refunds will be managed through My Booking / My Account on the Platform and may take between 30 and 45 business days until their effective accreditation. If the payment had been made by bank transfer, DIP will again request your data in order to manage the refund by that means. However,
- RENTAL PERIOD – CAR RETURN: The rental periods are calculated in blocks of 24 hours. The duration of your rental begins and ends on the dates specified in your voucher. When the Car is withdrawn or delivered after office hours, the Rental Company may charge additional charges. If you wish to extend the rental period or if you return the car later than the date and time indicated on your voucher, the Rental Company may apply charges based on the local daily rate. We advise you to arrive at the place of delivery of the Car insufficient time. Keep in mind that in the event that you wish to return the rented car in a different place from the one picked up, the Rental Company may apply an additional surcharge except when this service is already included in the reservation purchased by You.
- DOCUMENTATION: When you appear before the Rental Company you must present: the service voucher sent by DIP; a valid driving license, valid at the destination and issued with a minimum age of two years; and an international credit card with enough space to face the guarantee. In some cases, a passport may be required. If you are traveling to an international destination, you may also be required to present an international and inter-American driver’s license. Basically, they will be able to demand it in the case of being involved in traffic problems or to prove the condition of the foreign drivers before the traffic authorities.
- GUARANTEE: You must present an international credit card in the name of the driver when you pick up the Car. In it, the Rental Company will block the amount corresponding to the franchise as a guarantee that can be up to double the rate paid or paid for the rental of the Car.
- ADDITIONAL CHARGES: We let you know that during the development of the rental period, charges or debits to your charge could be generated that were not claimed by the Rental Company immediately (such as fines for traffic violations or damages, breaks or shortages suffered by the Car). You must pay these fines and additional charges when they are claimed by the Rental Company. These additional charges depend on the policies of each Rental Company and are charged directly by it without the intervention or interference of DIP.
- INSURANCE AND ADDITIONAL SERVICES CONTRACTED AT DESTINATION: At the destination, the Car Rental Company may offer you additional services (such as insurance with higher coverage policies, recovery fee of, gasoline charge, additional driver fee, GPS, seats for minors, etc.), those that will be hired directly by you and collected by the Rental Company without DIP intervention. The hiring of such an additional is voluntary and unrelated to DIP, who is not responsible for the values that you must pay for such concepts.
- TAXES AND FEES: In certain destinations, the service purchased does not include local taxes and/or state surcharges, which you must pay when you pick up the car, directly to the Rental Company. This situation will be sufficiently informed on the Platform.
- TOLLS: In certain jurisdictions, you can contract directly with the Rental Company an electronic toll service (such as the SUN PASS in the state of Florida, in the United States), which will allow you to move comfortably and avoid fines. This service may be freely contracted by you directly to the Rental Company. We reiterate that DIP is not responsible for such concepts and values.
- DRIVERS UNDER 26 YEARS OLD: In some destinations, Car Rental companies have policies for drivers between the ages of 21 and 26, which may govern restrictions and / or additional charges that must be paid at destination. These amounts are not included in the rate.
- STRANGE JURISDICTION: If you plan to cross a state border, make sure before completing your Purchase Request that the Car is authorized to transit through such a destination. Some Rental Companies may prohibit or charge an additional for transiting in a foreign jurisdiction. Review the conditions established by the Rental Company at this point.
- LIABILITY REGIME APPLICABLE TO CAR RENTAL. We inform you that the DIP intermediation activity, in relation to the rental or rental of Automobiles, in the Republic of Colombia, is regulated by a set of rules, among them, the Civil Code, the Commercial Code, the Colombian Consumer Statute, Law 1480 of 2011, Law 300 of 1996 (General Tourism Law), and its regulatory decrees, in addition to the special provisions established by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism and other regulatory authorities, such as the Colombian Superintendence of Industry and Commerce.
CHAPTER 5 – ACTIVITIES AND TRANSFERS
Keep in mind that each tour operator (the “Operator / s”) has its own service regulations and rates applicable to the activities, excursions, transfers, tickets, and attractions they provide (the “Activity/es”)
- SCHEDULES: Notwithstanding the particular schedules reported for each Activity on the Platform, the opening and closing hours of some attractions vary according to the period of the year. It is advisable to contact the attraction in question before visiting it to confirm the applicable times on the date you plan to do so. Please note that the times reflected in the voucher are expressed in local time at the destination.
- CONTACT THE OPERATOR: In some cases, you will be asked that, prior to the date to make use of the Activity or Transfer, you contact the Operator to confirm some details of the Activity and / or coordinate the meeting point or the transfer and / or request the final vouchers without which you will not be able to use the service. If you do not make this contact in a timely manner and, by virtue of this, you are frustrated with the use and enjoyment of the service, DIP will not be responsible and you will not have the right to demand any refund from DIP and / or the Operator.
- RISK ACTIVITIES: in the cases in which the contracting activity is a risky activity, you assume the risk of participating in the Activity and you declare that you are healthy and in good physical and mental health and are properly trained to participate in that activity. Hereby you accept and assume full responsibility for any and all risks of illness, injury, or death (not due to careless, premeditated, or fraudulent conduct) that may occur in the course of the Activity.
- RESPONSIBILITY: DIP will not be responsible for the conditions of the attractions or places, nor for acts of commission or omission by third parties in any Activity, place, or service.
CHAPTER 6 – TEMPORARY RENTALS
The temporary rental service provided by DIP through the Platform consists of a virtual space for owners and / or property managers (the “Owner”) to offer interested users (the “Users”) temporary rental properties (in hereinafter “Accommodation / s”) by publishing notices (the “Notices”). In this way, DIP provides Users with the possibility of communicating from the publication of a Notice available on the Platform, and booking and managing an Accommodation, following the corresponding booking process. It is clarified that DIP does not participate in the direct relationships that could be established between the Owner and the User from an accommodation reservation. DIP is not the owner or administrator of any property published on the Platform. DIP does not accept or reject Notices published by the Owners or intervene in the policies of use, modification, or cancellation of the services provided by them. DIP does not own, create, sell, supply, control, or offer any Accommodation.
- CONTENT OF THE NOTICES. The Owners (who may be the owner or manager of the Accommodation or a duly authorized agent of the owner or manager of the Accommodation) are solely responsible for the content of their Notices. Temporary rental contracts that are made through or with some type of intervention on the Site, are concluded exclusively between you and the Owner, without DIP having any participation or responsibility in it. DIP does not guarantee that the content of the Notices -including, but not limited to, such offers, comments, proposals, plans, photos, prices, and reservations- are current, accurate and real, or are free from errors or modifications by the Own Owners. DIP has no obligation, but reserves the right, to pre-approve the content of the Notices,
- TYPES OF RESERVATION: through the Platform, you can contact an Owner who has published a Notice, and make reservations for Temporary Accommodation, using the following methods and means of payment:
- Free Reservation: the free reservation allows the User to contact the Owner free of charge, by clicking on the button included in the Notice intended to “Contact the Owner”. DIP will provide the User with the contact details of the Owner so that it is he who provides further specifications on the Property, and eventually, the accommodation reservation is confirmed, the Owner receiving the price agreed by it. The Owner will have the option to accept or reject the User’s reservation request;
- Booking After Contact: this modality provides the Owner and the User with the ease of being able to communicate through the Platform so that the User can inquire in greater detail about the characteristics of the Notice. After confirming their intention to make a reservation, the User will have the possibility to complete their reservation through the following payment methods:
- Payment to the Owner: the User has the possibility to pay their Temporary Accommodation reservation in full and directly to the Owner. The form of payment, the cancellation conditions, and the price will be determined between the Owner and the User, without any DIP intervention.
- Advance + Payment to the Owner: the User may pay through the Site a sum in advance of the final price. In this case, the User must cancel the remaining balance, paying it directly to the Owner under the conditions that it determines for collection. Unless otherwise stipulated, the advance is not refundable.
- Prepayment: the User agrees that DIP will charge the total price of the reservation to his credit card. Before confirming your reservation, the Site will inform you of all applicable fees, including the accommodation fee, the deposit (if applicable), taxes, fees, tax receipts, and/or the Management Fee.
- Immediate Reservation: the Immediate Reservation allows the User to complete their reservation without waiting for the Owner’s response. In order to access an Immediate Reservation, the Guest will have the possibility to make their reservation through the Advancement + Payment to the Owner, or Prepaid modalities explained above.
It is made known that both under the modalities of Booking After Contact (with means of payment with Advance + Payment to the Owner or Prepaid) and Immediate Booking, the User must inform the Site of his credit card details, what which will imply an express authorization for DIP to transmit said data to the Owner. It will be the Owner who determines the moment of collection of the price balance. In addition, the Owner will be authorized to charge all or part of the said balance to her credit card, in the local currency of the Property or in US dollars (in the case of Properties located abroad).
- ACCOMMODATION RESERVES: Confirmation of an Accommodation Reservation in any of the modalities explained in 6.2. constitutes an authorization that the Owner grants the User to access, occupy and use the Accommodation, for the limited time stipulated in the reservation, and for the purposes specified therein. You agree to pay the price proposed by the Owner, use the Accommodation exclusively for residential purposes, and leave the Accommodation in the same state in which it was on arrival, on the day and at the time determined in agreement with the Owner. Any controversy that may arise from your stay in the temporary accommodation must be settled between you and the Owner, DIP not being a guarantor or responsible for any inconvenience that may arise. In no case will DIP be liable for damages that you may suffer in relation to the use of the Temporary Rental Services and / or the operations carried out or not by services announced through the Platform. In the event that one or more Owners and/or Users and/or any third party initiate any type of claim or legal action against another Owner and/or User, you exempt DIP, its subsidiaries, and/or controllers and/or from any liability. related and/or to their directors, managers, employees, agents, operators, representatives, and attorneys.
- AMENDMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS OF RESERVATIONS: You may modify or cancel confirmed reservations, subject to the cancellation policy established by each Owner, and has been informed to Users through the Notices. For this reason, we request that before confirming a Reservation, you carefully review the cancellation or modification policy that is informed to you through the Platform, because with the confirmation of the Reservation, you agree to pay all additional fees or penalties and taxes. that are associated with such modifications or cancellations.
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DIP, OWNERS, AND USERS. In none of the reservation modalities explained, DIP establishes with the Owner and / or with you no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship. DIP is not part of any rental agreement or any other transaction between the Owner and the User, nor is it the owner or administrator of any of the temporary rental properties published on the Platform, nor does it establish or intervene in the conditions stipulated by the Owners and the users.
- IDENTITY VERIFICATION. DIP assumes no responsibility for the confirmation of the identity assumed by each Owner. We recommend that you communicate directly with the Owner using the tools available on the Platform, although even this measure does not guarantee the identity of the person with whom you are communicating.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Under no circumstances DIP, its controllers and / or controlled, affiliated and / or related, officers, directors, advisers, agents and / or employees will be responsible for the effective fulfillment of the obligations assumed by the Owner and / or the User in the improvement of operations related to the services offered on the Platform. You acknowledge and agree that DIP is not an interested party in any transaction that may take place from the Temporary Rental Service and that you have no control over the security of any transaction, temporary rental property, or the veracity or accuracy of any publication or other content provided on the Platform, and does not guarantee its security.
CHAPTER 7 – PACKAGES
In the “Packages” tab of the Platform, you can create a dynamic trip. The dynamic trip allows you to add all the Services that you wish to acquire following the “shopping cart” modality and to pay in a single payment all the Services. With the “shopping cart” modality, you can search and select different Services (flights + accommodation + activities + insurance + cruises + transfers + buses and / or any combination between them) according to your tastes and needs, carrying out a single search and reserving as many Services as you wish. DIP simply acts as an intermediary showing the available options and allowing you to select the Services, Providers, and combinations of Services according to your own tastes and needs, but without ceasing to act as an intermediary,
- DIP Travel IS NOT A PACKAGE ORGANIZER: DIP TRAVEL does not organize Packages or advise or try to sell a Service and / or a specific Provider with respect to another. You can visualize on the Platform all the options available to build your own trip combining -flights, accommodation, car rental, and/or transfers- instead of buying a predefined or closed package. DIP Travel may suggest Packages by combining Services to facilitate your search, however, You can modify any of those Services at any time before purchase so that the Package suits your needs. Remember that DIP does not act as an organizer since it is not who chooses and / or combines the Services or decides which will be the provider and / or designs the schedules.
- PACKAGE RESERVATION MODE: The process to assemble your Package is very simple and consists of 3 steps: Enter the Packages section and define the travel dates and travel destination. Services are selected, such as flight, hotel, car rental, or any other product. Before paying only once for everything, it is necessary to confirm the purchase of each of the selected products and choose a payment option with all the installment financing facilities offered by DIP.
- CANCELLATION AND CHANGE POLICIES OF EACH SERVICE: Remember that each Service selected by you to assemble your Package is governed by its own conditions of change and / or cancellation established by each Provider and that the modification and / or cancellation of a Service does not affect, in no way, to the other contracted Services that will be governed by their own conditions and that must be modified and / or canceled individually whenever the conditions of the Provider allow it.
These Terms and Conditions were updated on 02/18/2018.
DIP TRAVEL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms and Conditions at any time. The modifications will come into effect from the moment indicated; failing that, it will be understood that its application is immediate. By using this Platform after the modifications are published, you agree to be subject to such modifications, alterations, or updates to the Purchase Conditions, without the right to make any claim in relation to it.